Careers with Purpose
Working at Bethel Bible Village is more than a job. Our careers offer an opportunity for you to make a difference in the world. You’ll join a team of special people who are united in helping serve children and families in crisis.
Our current positions are listed below.
To apply for a HOUSE PARENT position, please fill out this House Parent Application.
For any other position, please fill out this Employment Application.
Director of Retail Operations
If you know retail to the detail, but you’re looking for a higher purpose for your career, the Bethel Thrift Director of Retail Operations position may be the perfect fit for you.
Everything you do in this role has a reward that extends far beyond the bottom line. Every single sale helps kids who need to overcome trauma and find healing at Bethel Bible Village.
As the Bethel Thrift Director of Retail Operations you will join our team as a Hero for Hope, a true crusader with a vision for the mission as well pricing and inventory.
Who are we looking for?
• You have a head for business but a heart for people.
• You can set up stock like a Tetris champ and take down conflict like a diplomat.
• You understand the unique Thrift business model – as well as the unique Thrift shopper persona.
• You have a knack for motivating your team and encouraging people to excel.
• You have a Colossians 3:23 view of the work that you do.
• You want to use your keen business skills to make a difference in the world.
As Director of Retail Operations, you will work closely with top leadership and be responsible for all aspects of the Thrift Store’s daily operations. You would manage a team of 10-15 employees, leading by example and strong work ethic. Developing relationships with customers, donors, employees, and outside businesses is key to success.
This is an excellent opportunity to take business experience in retail, business development, and relationship building and use it for a greater purpose. Additional experience with a nonprofit is helpful, whether as an employee or if you have volunteered in a leadership role.
• Spiritual/Membership: We are a Christian organization and our employees are active members of Evangelical churches who live out their faith vibrantly in their personal and professional lives.
• Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Relevant experience in retail is required and business management experience preferred.
• Specific Skills/Requirements: Possess strong leadership skills that include professional business ethics, personal integrity, assertiveness, self-motivation, and a commitment to service and building customer loyalty. Strong capabilities in the areas of interpersonal skills, team building, time management, and communication. Entrepreneur and business management/development skills to lead a non-profit retail store staff in a very competitive market with limited resources but with great brand awareness, strong donor and customer base.
• Other Requirements: You must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. and successfully pass a background check, TB test, drug screen, and physical. Must possess a valid driver’s license, Class F endorsement a plus. Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position, and general hours of work and days are Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; however, this position regularly requires flexible hours.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter with 3 professional references and salary requirement to HR@bethelbiblevillage.org.
The Bethel Thrift Store is located at 5135 Hixson Pike, Hixson, TN 37343