Working at Bethel Bible Village is more than a job. Our careers offer an opportunity for you to make a difference in the world. You’ll join a team of special people who are united in helping serve children and families in crisis.
Bethel is currently seeking a part-time Director of Human Resources to work approximately 18 – 24 hours per week.
• Protects the credibility of the Bethel Bible Village mission by complying with the Bethel Bible Village Standard of Conduct and Employee Covenant, setting an example, in words and actions that is consistent with the values and beliefs of Bethel Bible Village; exemplifies a vibrant Christian faith personally and professionally.
• Policy Administration: administers human resources plans and procedures for Ministry personnel.
• Recruiting/Staffing: conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Employee Relations: works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention; handles employee relations counseling.
• Payroll: maintains payroll information and processes payroll.
• Performance Management: monitors the performance evaluation process as necessary.
• Benefits Administration: performs benefit administration to include resolution of benefit issues; change reporting including enrolling and terming benefits; communicating benefit information to employees.
• Employment Law Compliance: maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Background Checks: performs background checks for employment candidates.
• Training: conducts employee benefits and policies training as requested.
• Records Management: maintains human resources files and records.
• Consulting: recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Spiritual: Be an active participating Christian in a local congregation.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; 5+ years’ experience in human resources required. Payroll experience a plus. Non-profit experience a plus.
Specific Skills/Requirements: Possesses knowledge and experience in human resources and personnel administration. Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and previous computer experience required. Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and manage multiple projects.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Considerable knowledge and understanding of the Human Resources function. Human Resources certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Other Requirements: Applicant must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S., and successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and physical.
Bethel is currently seeking a Christian married couple to serve as full-time missionaries in a cottage of up to eight school-aged young people. This is a live-in position that we are seeking to fill.
This position provides authority and leadership of the living unit. House Parents provide supervision of the children and the cottage, contributing to a relaxed atmosphere in the home, and supporting the educational development of the youth.
The position is also responsible for providing spiritual leadership, a positive social and moral example, encouraging the physical and social development of the youth, and contributing to the youths’ all around progress toward their individual goals.
• Spiritual: Be active participating Christians in a local congregation and commit to Bethel’s Code of Conduct and Employee Covenant.
• Education: High school diplomas or equivalent; college degree is preferred.
• Specific Skills: Minimum one year of youth related experience – educating, coaching, or working with school age children. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required; computer skills are preferred.
• License: Valid driver’s licenses are required.
• Couple must be married for at least 2 years with no more than two dependent children. Because of the live-in nature of the position, no more than two dogs are permitted and they must live outside.
• Minimum age requirement for this position is 21 years of age. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S., and successfully pass background checks, drug screens, and physicals.
Our benefits package includes salary, room and board, medical, dental, life insurance, pension plan, vacation, sick, and personal days.