Careers with Purpose
Working at Bethel Bible Village is more than a job. Our careers offer an opportunity for you to make a difference in the world. You’ll join a team of special people who are united in helping serve children and families in crisis.
Our current positions are listed below.
To apply for a HOUSE PARENT position, please fill out this House Parent Application.
For any other position, please fill out this Employment Application.
Director of Development
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the President & CEO, the Director of Development will design and execute a comprehensive development strategy that will enhance the mission, vision, and sustainability of Bethel.
This position will work closely with Board trustees, foundation trustees, corporate owners/executives, and key volunteers in the development of relationships to yield Major Gifts and Grants for annual revenues as well as capital, endowment, and planned giving commitments. The Director of Development will also provide leadership to a team including the Director of Marketing and Communications, Digital Marketing Director, and Development Coordinator.
- Spiritual: Exemplify a vibrant Christian faith personally and professionally.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a growing environment of development, fundraising, storytelling, partnerships and collaborations, special events, and staff leadership for a non-profit organization. Leadership responsibilities within a faith-based nonprofit organization preferred. Experience in nonprofit development and Major Gifts in the Greater Chattanooga area preferred.
- Licenses, Certifications and Memberships:
Active member of and demonstrated leadership within an Evangelical church body. Active member of AFP with a CFRE designation is desirable. Involvement with a ministry or civic service group is desirable.
- Inspirational: Ability to inspire and connect others with the Mission and Vision of Bethel.
- Recruit and Lead: Ability to attract, lead, motivate, encourage, and inspire talented staff, Board trustees, and volunteers to fulfill the tasks and initiatives of Bethel.
- Development: Experienced in relationship-building and collaborations necessary to attract, maintain, and grow individuals, foundations, churches, and corporations for Major Gifts. Implement a comprehensive development program guided in the ethical decision making outlined by the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards, and those of a Christian organization, reflecting Biblical principles.
- Fundraising: Experienced with donor relationship software, prospecting, special events, and processes of various giving sources including donor-advised funds, corporations, foundations, and churches.
- Designated and Capital: Proven experience with donor-designated and capital requests, through campaigns or projects, and the proper management of these funds.
- Endowment and Planned Giving: Proven experience in developing relationships with Major Givers to obtain current gifts and commitments to ensure future impact of organization’s Mission.
- Enhance Giving Base: Ability to develop new partnerships and a diverse group of new givers.
- Other Requirements: Applicant must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. and successfully pass a background check, TB test, drug screen, and physical.
- Creative and Flexible: Ability to listen to the desired interest of diverse givers and make connections for their impact potential through Bethel. Thrive in an environment where no two days are the same.
- Relationship Building/Interpersonal skills: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with an extensive variety of individuals, including peers, legacy givers, Major Givers, volunteers, and new supporters. Ability to meet with varied audiences and converse with ease.
- Leadership: Experience in staff leadership, development, and management to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strategic: As part of the leadership team, be an integral catalyst in the development and implementation of the Adaptive Strategy. Experience with strategic planning process and putting priorities into action.
- Communications: Skilled in communicating powerful and compelling stories of impact through both written and verbal communication. Ability to present a positive and professional image. Dynamic and persuasive public speaker that can present with poise, confidence, and professionalism to diverse groups.
- Collaboration: Effective at working with other team leaders to reach common goals and objectives. Maintain ongoing contact with Bethel team members regarding programs and plans.
- Disciplined: Strong organizational skills, well-disciplined in an autonomous position, and ability to work under the pressure of multiple priorities while producing quality work that generates results.
- Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of current principles and a broad range of development and financial management best practices. Familiar with applicable charitable solicitation laws, donor restricted funds, donor records management and administration, as well as data and trend analysis.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position regularly requires flexible hours and occasional weekend work.
This position requires up to 30% travel. This position is based out of our Hixson, TN location, with development responsibilities throughout the Greater Chattanooga area.
To learn more about Bethel’s ministry, see the About Us and How We Help tabs on our home page of this website.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume, and a cover letter which includes 3 professional references and salary requirement to HR@bethelbiblevillage.org.
Thrift Store Retail Associate – Part Time
Bethel Bible Village is a faith-based residential home for school-age children of families in crisis located in Hixson, TN. We have a part-time position available to serve within the Ministry Thrift Store. This position is for three days per week Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Work hours for this position are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This role assists customers in donating, selecting, and purchasing store items; operates and maintains the cash register; sorts and prices donated items; and maintains store cleanliness and safety. There is a clothing allowance for this position.
SPIRITUAL: Be an active participating Christian in a local congregation.
EDUCATION: High School diploma required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: One year of previous sales and/or retail experience required. Excellent customer service skills required. Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills required. Must have the ability to sort items according to guidelines, be able to follow instructions, and work independently.
The ability to operate a cash register including performing routine mathematical computations and counting change is required. Must be able to lift 40 pounds. A candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., and successfully pass a background check, drug screen and physical.
Please visit www.bethelbiblevillage.org to learn more about our ministry. If interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Bethel Bible Village
Attn: Human Resources
3001 Hamill Road
Hixson, TN 37343