To live in Transitional Housing at Bethel, you must meet the following admission standards:
- Be in need of independent living support and open to receive training in a safe group living environment.
- Be a female age 18-21 (at entry to the program) with or without 1 child for whom they have legal custody, OR a current Bethel resident age 18 or older who is in need of transitional living services.
- Be ready to begin an educational program or vocational training within 3-6 months.
- Be employed with enough income to cover monthly housing and other expenses.
- Make application to the program and submit all needed documentation. Failure to provide all accurate and necessary information will be cause for denial of services.
- Be committed to working closely with Bethel staff and community supports within the parameters of the Transitional Housing program.
- Be able to successfully pass reference checks and background checks, including fingerprinting. ($42 fingerprinting fee paid by applicant)
- Have no history of violent or certain other types of criminal charges, to be evaluated case-by-case prior to admission.
- Be willing and able to submit proof of passing a substance abuse test prior to entry to the program. Participants who have a history of drug use will be required to submit to random screens thereafter.
- Be willing to engage in Christian spiritual growth through church and community opportunities.
- Agree to pay $150 deposit upon admission to the program.
- Agree to pay a monthly fee of $300 to help with program costs.
- Have appropriate childcare (if you have a child).
- Have your own transportation plan or your own vehicle (with license, registration and insurance)
- Must have storage available for furniture, bulk items, and excessive clothing.
- Agree to transition from Bethel’s Transitional Housing Program at the time defined in your individualized plan.
Bethel Bible Village does not discriminate on the basis of mental or physical handicap, race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex (except where age, sex or mental/physical condition is a bona fide treatment or program criteria).
Contact David Shinn with any questions at (423) 842-5757 ext. 222
Address: 3001 Hamill Road, Hixson, TN 37343